This May, Chorley Council and local charity Inspire Youth Zone are teaming up to invite residents, families and businesses to become #ChorleyHomeHeroes by taking on our first ever, lockdown friendly, 14-day virtual running challenge – Do what you can!
Starting May 10th, the date of our original #Chorley10k, we want YOU to take part in a virtual run, walk or cycle in a bid to stay active and support the amazing work Inspire Youth Zone does supporting thousands of local young people.
Taking part is super easy, our only ask is that you stick to the current government guidelines on social distancing throughout your #DoWhatYouCanChallenge.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Choose a timeframe to complete your challenge. It starts on May 10th and you have until May 24th to complete.
Choose your distance. From a lap of your garden to something much bigger – the choice is yours.
Download our Do What You Can Challenge window posters and participant bibs in our handy hints & tips
Enjoy – Remember to tag us in your Chorley Do What You Can Challenges and spread the word
The most important part of this challenge is to make sure you follow the latest social distance guidance. Please remember…
- This is an individual challenge. Please run alone or with another member of your household
- Be courteous of other members of the public and always maintain a 2-metre distance.
- Suggested daily activity is limited to 30 minutes. If your challenge distance will take longer than this, please consider completing over multiple days
- Stay Safe and enjoy!
For further information on the latest social distancing guidance click HERE
HANDY HINTS AND TIPS
There are loads of websites and apps out there to help you along the way…
- To help plan your route and distance try – MapOMeter
- For a handy app to help measure your distance on route you can try Strava or Under Armour
- Some people love to listen to music whilst taking on physical activity. Check out app’s such as Spotify to create your own running playlist (Please remember to only use headphones where safe to do so)
- Remember to share with friends, neighbours and the wider community that you’re taking part in the Chorley Do What You Can Challenge free downloads below
HOW WILL MY DONATION HELP INSPIRE YOUTH ZONE?
Inspire Youth Zone is a community charity and state of the art youth facility investing in thousands of young people who call Chorley home. Open when schools are closed, they provide an inspirational environment for thousands of children and young people and for some, a critical lifeline.
More than 1,000 young people ordinarily come through Inspire’s doors each week, enjoying a hot healthy meal and a wide range of leisure activities that include drama, music, climbing, IT, workshops and business enterprise. All these activities and more are designed as an incentive for young people to become engaged so that targeted work can be done by the team of qualified youth workers to ensure that children’s potential is fully developed and realised.
As an essential service the Youth Zone continues to support young people throughout the COVID-19 epidemic. They’ve launched a crisis helpline for tens of thousands of young people to access across Chorley and South Ribble, they are providing 1:1 support for young people who need them the most and an amazing new virtual offer ‘Youth Zone at Home’ to help keep all young people active and engaged during lock down.
Your donation today will help Inspire Youth Zone to be there for all our young people both now and in the future.